Level 1 Award in Health & Safety for Construction (QCF)
Who Needs This Qualification?
Anyone wishing to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card to work on a UK construction site.
Why is this Qualification Important?
Construction is one of the most dangerous workplace activities. Last year, in the UK, 42 of the 133 workplace fatalities occurred in construction. For this reason, those working within the construction environment must possess this qualification to ensure that they are working within safe conditions for them and their colleagues.
- 40 multiple choice questions (60 minutes)
- Pass mark 26 out of 40.
How it works
- Centres are provided with learning materials
- Centres deliver the learning (recommended 6-40 hours depending on learners)
- Centres order the examination for a date and time of their choosing
- Examinations are available online or paper-based
- Results of online examinations issued immediately
- Results of paper-based examinations issued within two working days
- Certificates issued within two working days
- The importance, key terms, legal responsibilities and reasons for good health and safety
- Fatalities, injuries and ill-health in construction
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Slips and trips
- Working at height
- Moving vehicles and mobile plant
- Work equipment
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Alcohol and drugs
- Health and safety signs
- Personal protective equipment
- Welfare facilities and personal hygiene
- Emergencies and first aid
- Reporting accidents and ill health.